Through collaboration with nanomaterial developers, world leading academic research groups and analytical platform producers this research project will progress current state of the art to:
- To develop a panel of fluorescent and non-fluorescent nanomaterials characterised in the native form for their physical and chemical and optical properties.
- To develop and validate protocols for the dispersion of nanomaterials in a range of biological matrices
- To validate the use of high accuracy methods for the physical characterisation of nanomaterials in a serum based biological matrix
- To establish the feasibility of using emergent image based analysis systems for the physical characterisation of nanomaterials
- To develop traceable measurements of fluorescent nanomaterial quantum yield in a serum based biological matrix
- To develop and validate methods for the simultaneous physical and chemical characterisation of nanomaterials in a complex cell based biological matrix.
- Establish the measurement uncertainty associated with nanomaterial fluorescence in nanobiotechnology applications